TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2021 Season Announcement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> TMBRA Cross Country Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott S
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 am GMT +0000    Post subject: 2021 Season Announcement Reply with quote

Some TMBRA news:
With just a couple of Marathon events left and the Spring Championship Series looming in less than two months here's a few things we know starting with the good news.
Paul and Susan Nolan, the longtime previous owners of Bluff Creek Ranch, have given us some generous sponsorship money that will cover both the Spring and Fall XC Series, which will be known as the "2021 Paul and Sue's Gratitudes" tours. They have said that the support of the TMBRA and Texas mountainbiking communities helped carry them and the ranch through some tumultuous times and they want to give back as they start the new chapter of their lives. We are very happy for their years of generosity and love they've given us. The annual number plates will become available in late January and will feature a motif with this theme.
As previously announced Lamar County/Paris, TX have also given some sponsorship dollars so TMBRA(which is a non-profit)will be solvent this year after a very lean year.
Now for the great unknowns:
As mentioned TMBRA is a non-profit comprised completely of volunteer organizations and individuals who put on the races. We've all had a weird 2020 too and hope the new year brings some normalcy back. We are planning our races/series as if all of the events will happen but it would be naive to think that there's no chance of any hurdles or roadblocks along the way. We promise to do our best to have the fun, safe, competitive races that we are known for working with and around whatever new things may come up. This has been my passion for almost 25 years and I sincerely hope along with the rest of the Board that 2021 is a banner year for Texas mountainbike racing. If I don't see you at the EE or Comfort, hope to see you all at Sun and Ski Sports Presents the Rocky Hill Roundup in February.
Scott

Rocky Hill and Warda Race Director; TMBRA President
chrisfunk
New

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:56 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awesome is that. Thank you Paul and Susan Nolan!!!! Bluff Creek was the first real mountain bike trip for me over 20 years ago as a teenager. Loved it then, love it now, and couldn't be more thankful to Paul and Susan as well as the rest of the volunteers who've kept this sport alive through a tough year.
sworksepic
250+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:38 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Big Ring Challenge presented by GHORBA Reply with quote

Why did this race get moved to Rocky Hill Ranch????
Paul Uhl
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:41 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

permitting at their venue was not going to happen this spring. Thus, I offered up RHR? It will be a much different race than the one I put on at RHR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> TMBRA Cross Country Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: