TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stiff knee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2010HARO
New

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:49 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Stiff knee Reply with quote

Lately I have experienced a stiff right knee... I just recently entered a race and then switched to clipless pedals... The stiff knee arose 2 days after my pedals' first run... What do you suggest? My current set-up is the right foot pretty much straight... I dunno if this has anything to do with it but suggestions are welcome...
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

2010HARO:

If your clipless pedals are holding your feet in a position that is not in their natural lay, you can trigger knee pain. To look for the natural lay of your feet, peal your shoes and socks off, wet the bottom off your feet and walk across dry concrete and look how your heal toes line up. Most people walk with the toes angled out relative to the heals, some walk with the toes and heals in the same line as you walk straight ahead, some walk with the toes angled inward to the heal and still a smaller number with one foot in a different lay than the other foot. Once you know the lay of each foot, adjust the cleats so that when the shoes are clipped in, the shoe falls in line with the natural lay of each foot. Remember when you are adjusting the cleats from the bottom of the shoe, the cleat position is upside down and is 180 degrees out of synch with the shoe lay when the shoe is flipped back over and clipped in. So to rotate the heal inward and the toes out you would rotate the cleat position with the toe end pointing inward and the heal end pointing outward.

See this link for an earlier detailed discussion on Knee Pain. http://www.tmbra.org/board/viewtopic.php?p=57016&sid=d2e018e8e439e45eaa1d7ee702ae4f5b

Thanks,
2010HARO
New

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:34 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: