TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

strained possibly torn soleus muscle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:05 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: strained possibly torn soleus muscle? Reply with quote

I was running and suddenly it felt like someone hit me below my calf with a rock, I pulled up immediately and it hurt like - to walk or put weight on it. I came home and put ice on it. How do I know if its a 1,2, or 3? I dont think its my gastrocnemius it feels like its below and interior. What do you suggest other than r.i.c.e and anti-inflammatory? thanks. Wish I would have just gone and rode my bike.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:34 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkrider:

I agree with you assessment, you likely have have torn the soleus muscle. Do the RICE therapy but also get an evaluation by an orthopedic doctor. A referal to a physical therapist is in order to help you rehabilitate the muscle. Treatment of soleus muscle strains includes ultrasound therapy, stretching procedures, deep tissue massage and heel raise exercises.

TMT 21 Days!

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.kk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: