TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

knee problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallGuy
New

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: knee problems Reply with quote

Doc,

so i have been active for a bunch of years. I joined the military out of high school, for the past 26 years or so I have been an avid runner. Probably doing maybe 15 miles a week on average over 26 years, of course taking weeks off here and there.

About 10 months ago after a home project one of my knees swelled up. I Built a deck, was on my knees some, not a lot and I wore knee pads. I was finished wth the deck and after a couple of weeks it had almost gone away, then the other knee swelled up. This have never experienced knee fluid build up like this before. I developed a baker cyst behind one of them. Then it started leaking and my calf swelled up like crazy.

Only days prior to this deck project I was running up to 5 milers with no problems.

Now I continue to have ongoing knee pain and issues with some degree of fluid build up 10 months later. Had an MRI done and they said that basically I had a dimple in both knees, but my cartilage looked great otherwise.

So I am confused, these dimples are likely not new. So why all of a sudden do my knees want to swell up all the time.....

I was thinking it was lime disease or something wierd like that, but when I suggested that to my doc he just smiled at me....

any suggestions?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallGuy:

I recommend you get a referral to a rheumatologist. Lyme disease is not as likely if you are not having other symptoms of Lyme disease. A Rheumatologist specializes in disorders of the joints and connective tissue and would hopefully be able get the cause of your problem sorted out and then hopefully point you to a solution.

Thanks,
fallGuy
New

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes more sense to me than anything else I have heard to date. The doc was wanting to scope it to clean it up and put little holes in the dimple area to tease it into growing and filling the space.

Thank you!
gracieallen
New

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old topic but for newbie who wants to know about the similar problem for them I'm giving reply.

It's not a big issue i experienced similar not think like this is a decease it happens naturally to every one i used some creams for knee and dimple, i got clear from the problem even you feeling hard about knee pain use Flexoplex for knee pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: