TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troy: Confirming start times for Junior Cat 3 Men 14 & U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> TMBRA Cross Country Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikehamsa
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Troy: Confirming start times for Junior Cat 3 Men 14 & U Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that the Junior Cat 3 Men 14 & Under will be starting with the other 12 & under groups at 7:30 since it looks like the Junior Cat 3 Men 14 & Under are actually running the same 7 mile course as the older Cat 3 groups which start at 8:00 and the 12 & under groups will be running a "modified course" starting at 7:30.

Thanks,
Mike...
davebellante
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:33 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I see as well. You can email gritty teeth racing grittyteethracing@gmail.com I'm sure Joy will help clarify .
Joyeuse
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:11 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Confirming start time & distance for Jr Men & Jr Wom Reply with quote

I've just sent out an email on this topic to all pre-registered riders in the Jr Men & Jr Women 13-14 events at the Troy MTB race this weekend. But I wanted to post this info here as well to ensure we get the word out:

Both Jr Men & Jr Women 13-14 racers will stage at 7:30 am but they will have a delayed start while we start the younger riders (U10 & 11-12 year olds) on the modified race loop. We plan start the 13-14 year old riders approximately 10-15 minutes later on the REGULAR RACE LOOP to ensure the course is clear for a safe & fun racing experience for all riders.

Also, the Jr Men & Jr Women 13-14 will both race the 7 mile REGULAR RACE LOOP raced by all Cat 3 riders--not the modified race loop. On our BikeReg page, I stated that the 13-14 racers would do the modified race loop; that is incorrect. I apologize for any confusion that this might have caused.

The race course in Troy is awesome! We look forward to seeing all these fast Jr Men & Jr Women racers in Troy this weekend!

--Joy Brott / Gritty Teeth Racing
mikehamsa
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy,

Thank you very much for that clarification - that will definitely help us with some planning that morning. Yeah they are fast. These 13-14 year old's typically beat all the other Cat 3 riders by a few minutes.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Mike...
Joyeuse
New

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:50 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: UPDATED Start time for Jr Men & Jr Women 13-14 at Troy M Reply with quote

As we've been working with the team to confirm logistics for this weekend's TMBRA MTB race in Troy, we learned that the JR Men & JR Women 13-14 fields at past TMBRA events have traditionally started in a specific order in the Cat 3 wave (which at our event begins at 8 am).  

With that in mind, we're going to follow the TMBRA standard for the start time for this field (which is the same time noted in our flyer on USAC): this will be 8 am (with the usual delays in between the different competitions).

For anyone who has a Jr aged 13-14 who's racing Cat 3 in Troy, please make sure your child is in the sttaging area on Sunday when the announcer calls the Cat 3 wave to begin staging. We just sent this same info out via email to all 19 racers who pre-registered for this event on BikeReg.

We apologize for any confusion our previous post may have caused & we appreciate everyone's patience. We look forward to seeing these 13-14 start with the 8 am race wave in Troy on Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> TMBRA Cross Country Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: