TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mandatory move ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Questions for the Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mx555
New

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Mandatory move ups Reply with quote

Do you post names of those that have to move up? And is the only one required to move up are those that are the overall for the spring or fall series?

Mike
Tobin Behling
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:36 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racers need to follow the rules and upgrade on their own. We do not always have time to audit every C3 & C2 racer.

If you are aware of someone that needs to move up but has not, please let us know so we can reach out to that person and let them know of the rules.

My email is tobin at behling dot com

NOTE: Recently I've been made aware of people that actually did not meet the upgrade criteria due to the number of starters at certain events where they had attained a top 5 finish. Please be aware of this portion of the rule.

Mountain Bike upgrade info begins on page 23:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/USACWeb/forms/rules/2017_Chapter_1_General.pdf
mx555
New

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not read that portion of the rules, but I remembered from years ago where I thought the only mandatory move up was the overall 1st place from a series. I've been doing other sports where your finishes don't count as much as your overall position at the conclusion of a series. And I didn't see it, but in a large series, like the Spring, a Cat 3 rider could solidify an overall 1st place position for the series and still move up to Cat 2 without losing the points they earned as a Cat 3 for that championship, correct?

MIke
davebellante
New

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct mike. You can Cat up mid series and keep your points from the lower cat which would count towards the overall.
Tobin Behling
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:21 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

mx555 wrote:
Cat 3 for that championship, correct?

Quick note for clarification. There is no state championship for Category 3 groups, only C1 & C2.
Category 3 is just an overall series winner.

There are three junior groups that sometimes start during the C3 start waves at events: 14 & under (aka 13-14), 12 & under and 10 & under. Those three groups have State Championship designation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Questions for the Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: