TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bone/joint pain questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cxagent
New

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Bone/joint pain questions Reply with quote

I have two issues that I hope are unrelated.

My right middle finger is very sore between the last and next to last joint. This does not appear to be in either joint. Extension is not restricted but closing my fist is somewhat restricted when almost closed. No redness but maybe slight swelling noted. Riding is starting to affected since the bouncing is causing pain.

My left elbow is very sore on the inside of the joint (body side). I can no longer rest by arm on the car window ledge while I drive because this is so sore. This pain is worst when my arm is bent tight or held in a bent position for some time. So far riding is not affected. No swelling or redness noted. This does NOT appear to be in the joint but on the bone on the body side of my fore arm.

I have had numerous falls on both but none that seemed to be the start of the trouble. Both have been going on for several months and are getting worse over time. Doing trail work today I found that I was more restricted by these than I thought because I couldn't drag limbs with my left arm and had trouble working the saw with my right hand.

My questions for you - should I get these checked by a doctor? What type of doctor?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:23 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

cxagent:

My apologies for my delay; respiratory illness time of year, work has me backed up and I have not been able to get to the TMBRA forum.

Your discomfort to you finger and elbow could be a type of arthritis developing, such as osteoarthritis, which can develop after an injury to a joint, even years after the injury. An evaluation by a Family Practitioner or an Internist would be your first step. Then, if needed a referral to a Rheumatologist could be pursued. Therapies often involve taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and resting the joints for a period of time. Sometimes Occupational Therapy will be prescribed with hot wax treatments and range of motion exercises to the joints afterwards. Visit with your doctor, you may benefit from further evaluation.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: